Grow your own cut-flower garden
If you would like to grow your own cut-flower garden, cut-flower sprouts might be for you. Nestor Flower Farm offers a mix of locally-grown flowers and starter plants that are robust and ready to go right into your planting beds. Our trays include 18 plants with a mix of 5 to 6 varieties that have been started in a deep cell tray that ensures healthy roots. If cared for properly, these plants should produce enough flowers to keep a fresh bouquet in your home all season.
The exact mix of plants will be determined each spring once we see how everything germinates, but all will grow in sun/part-sun and average soil conditions and make excellent cut flowers for your own backyard bouquets.
The following are some possible plants in the trays. We have two options: the spring option likes cool weather and can usually be planted before the “last frost date” of May 5. Just be sure to cover them if the weather dips down below 30° for more than a couple of days. The summer mix loves the hot weather and shouldn’t be planted until after you are sure we won’t have any more freezing weather. All are “cutting” varieties.
- Selection 1: Plant early Spring
- Sweet Peas
- Selection 2: Plant after all danger of frost has passed
- China Asters
- Plume Celosia
- Baby’s Breath
- Order early! Once they are gone, they are gone!
- I will provide growing directions for each flower variety.
- All flowers are designer choice.
- Spring trays should be ready by the end of March.
- Summer trays are available in May.
- You will be notified by email when your tray(s) are available.
- Pick up is at the farm.
Starter Plant Pricing
- Early Spring: $65 for a tray of 18 plants
- Summer $65 for a tray of 18 plants
- Lisianthus: $30 for a tray of 6 plants
- Dahlias: $42 for a tray of 6 plants